ADapT gives you the skills to strategise, design, build and scale digital products and services appropriate for the digital age.
The EXPLORE Digital Design Thinker Masterclass is a practical emersion into the ADapT model, using Design Thinking and other design techniques to develop innovative ideas that are fit for purpose and fit for use in your organisation.
EXPLORE is all about innovation. Focusing on user, customer and organisational needs, EXPLORE helps organisations to design and validate the feasibility of ideas, before they start building or improving products and services. Not only will this help to insure that new or changed products and services will succeed, but it also saves a ton of money by not perusing unviable or marginal ideas.
Theory and techniques are covered to enable delegates to effectively practice and implement what they have learnt.
Senior and middle management, business owners, entrepreneurs, business architects, strategic planners, business and IT consultants, technical and functional experts
- Why innovate?
- What is Agile ADapTTM?
- The role of senior or executive management
- The Digital Transformation imperative
- What is Digital Transformation?
- General background on innovation and transformation
- Explore what? An overview of the ADapT Explore Phase
- Product Owners' influence innovation and transformation
- Resourcing, funding and why the team is everything!
- Framing innovation efforts
- Selection of innovation projects and knowing which ideas to tackle first
- ADapT approach to Human Centred Innovation
- Problem solving for innovation
- Design Thinking and innovation techniques
- Innovation drivers; coming up with ideas, convergent and divergent thinking and safe to fail experiments
- Critical success factors for human-centred innovation, including; People, Environment, Method and Mind-set
- Design Thinking and complexity
- Using the Design Thinking process combined with other approaches
- Develop deep insight using journey mapping, high-level process maps, stakeholder maps, and data-gathering techniques as a starting point
- Data-gathering techniques, and an agile approach. Recording high level requirements as epics helps you see the context and using user stories to gather data ensures defined success metrics for all requirements.
- Design Thinking process combined with:
- Value proposition canvas, brainstorming, analogy thinking, concept design, the iteration challenge, design criteria & hypothesis and opposite hypothesis and deciding which hypothesis to test first?
- Deep dive into brainstorming and affinity mapping
- The design process and prototyping
- The four conditions of success; create an innovation space; resource availability is key. The importance of having multi-disciplinary teams and acceptance of failure as part of innovation.
- Functional design and why a focus on customer/user experience (CX/UX) is key!
- Prototyping techniques including assumption testing, low-fidelity prototypes or storyboarding.
- Alternative prototyping techniques including, navigation trees, paper prototyping, physical prototyping, 3D printing technology, prototyping micro-controllers, single board computers and IoT devices
- Feasibility checks
- Refining customers and user participation
- Using MVPs - Pivot, refine or build
- Defining a business case and interface with portfolio management
- How EXPLORE interfaces with EXPAND